Paal Kozhukattai / Pala Thalikalu
For Kozhukatti Balls
- 1 cup Idiyappam flour
- 1/4 cup grated Coconut
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- pinch of Salt
- hot Water
For Kozhukatti Milk
- 2 cup light coconut milk
- 1 cup Thick coconut milk
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
- In a mixing bowl combine Idiyappam flour, coconut, sugar and salt (save a tbsp of four mixture for later use)
- Add boiling water and form a soft dough.
- Once it cools down slightly roll it into small balls.
- Heat light coconut milk , milk and the flour mixture from step 1 and bring it to a boil.
- Add the rolled Kozhuttai balls and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Add sugar, thick coconut milk and cook for another 2 -3 minutes on low heat.
- Finally add cardamom powder and turn off the heat.
- Our Paal Kozhuttai recipe is ready to be served.
Recipe shared by Nithya Pragadeesh Raja